Please read FAQs at the bottom of the description or on the store homepage.
Handmade 12/13 ounce wheel-thrown mug (Starbucks Tall) with golden moon sequence and the option of a lid. These mugs are difficult to photograph without super fancy equipment. Check out the video for a better idea of beautiful the glaze and the gold moons are. These glazes are beautifully layered and change in different lighting.
The lid doubles as a spoon and tea-bag rest; once you've finished steeping your tea, flip the lid over to place your tea-bag and spoon on. Please note: the lid is not designed to fit snuggly. If you are looking for a cup with a lid for travel/to-go, please look at my travel mugs.
The handle feels great on your hand - the shape of the mug is very comfortable to hold and is difficult to tip over. These mugs make a perfect celebratory gift of any kind. Great for the person who is constantly on the go or someone who enjoys cozying up by the fire.
The gold is real, meaning it is not microwave-safe. Additionally, these mugs are priced higher due to the additional gold used.
Price per mug. Everything is handmade; each one will vary slightly.
ALL of my glazes are lead-free and food safe; most are my own recipe. All of my items are dishwasher safe.
This design or glaze not for you? That's ok! More mugs here:
• I am a small batch potter. All of my items are handmade one at a time. Each one will vary slightly.
• The bottom, and any part of the item that needs to touch the kiln shelf when firing, will be unglazed. Glaze can act as a strong adhesive. If glaze is touching anything when it melts, it will stick to that thing forever.
o If an item has more than one piece, they were most likely fired together, for this reason, the areas on the item that are touching will not be glazed (i.e., lid and rim).
• Slight glaze variations are normal. The glaze I use fires between 2200* and 2500*F, depending on the item. Glaze will melt and move when firing. You will see this movement in the piece after the fact. Additionally, I hand-dip everything. Drips and other unique marks made by the glaze will differ from piece to piece and may vary from the one photographed. This is totally normal.
• I love a handmade look. I do not strive for absolute perfection or a commercially made look. All of my photos are high resolution – please feel free to zoom in on each piece. Go crazy.
• Do not hesitate to message me with any questions about an item. I will respond quickly. Online shopping for handmade items can be tricky – I welcome and love all questions (I also love to hear from pottery lovers and potters).
All images & designs © Buttons Bones Ceramics 2007-2021. All rights reserved.
Items will be shipped after payment is received.
Items usually ship within 1-2 business days of payment.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Refunds are given only in the event of items damaged during shipment.
Message me with custom orders - happy to discuss. Once something is agreed on, I will create an item for in the shop for purchasing.