Please read FAQs at the bottom of the description or on the store homepage.
For items with multiple color/finish options, the drop-down menu will automatically populate a photo of the color/finish you are selecting.
Porcelain garlic keeper with a beautiful layered iron glaze over a white crackle on porcelain, wheel-thrown and handmade. Anything with this glaze tends to sell very fast.
I absolutely love these keepers, specifically how the blue interacts with the porcelain; they are a great size the lid fits nicely and would look beautiful in a kitchen and keeps your garlic fresh. These jars make a perfect celebratory gift of any kind. They each hold 3-4 garlic heads
Please see the measurement pictures - each one is handmade and will vary slightly.
ALL of my glazes are lead-free and food safe; most are my own recipe. All of my items are dishwasher and microwave safe.
Don't forget a serving platter! Add it here:
• I am a small batch potter. All of my items are handmade one at a time. Each one will vary slightly.
• The bottom, and any part of the item that needs to touch the kiln shelf when firing, will be unglazed. Glaze can act as a strong adhesive. If glaze is touching anything when it melts, it will stick to that thing forever.
o If an item has more than one piece, they were most likely fired together, for this reason, the areas on the item that are touching will not be glazed (i.e., lid and rim).
• Slight glaze variations are normal. The glaze I use fires between 2200* and 2500*F, depending on the item. Glaze will melt and move when firing. You will see this movement in the piece after the fact. Additionally, I hand-dip everything. Drips and other unique marks made by the glaze will differ from piece to piece and may vary from the one photographed. This is totally normal.
• I love a handmade look. I do not strive for absolute perfection or a commercially made look. All of my photos are high resolution – please feel free to zoom in on each piece. Go crazy.
• Do not hesitate to message me with any questions about an item. I will respond quickly. Online shopping for handmade items can be tricky – I welcome and love all questions (I also love to hear from pottery lovers and potters).
All images & designs © Buttons Bones Ceramics 2007-2022. All rights reserved.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.