Please read FAQs at the bottom of the description or on the store homepage.
For items with multiple color/finish options, the drop-down menu will automatically populate a photo of the color/finish you are selecting. The pictures in this listing will include the measurements of each lid. Please make sure you measure your cup before purchasing. It is your responsibility to make sure the lid fits your specific mug/cup. The photos are high resolution, feel free to zoom in on the measurements.
When making mugs, lids can fit before firing, and not fit after, due to shifting. I have saved all extra lids and have them for sale here. I also frequently get asked to make a custom lid for a mug or bowl that someone already owns. That option is available here: https://buttonsbones.etsy.com/listing/1622778295/custom-made-mug-lid-simple-cup-or-mug
Each lid is priced per size and potential cosmetic flaw, which will be pictured. If you click on the picture, it will allow you to zoom in. Please feel free to ask me any questions. Readymade lids are as-is and not returnable. Lids are grouped based on approximate size and may vary slightly in size from what is pictured. If you need exact - message me first.
Each lid is handmade on the wheel by me and then dipped into food-safe glazes. I hand-dip them in the glaze, giving them a handmade feel. The rim of the inside is never glazed. The inside is sometimes unglazed (always pictured).
SOMETIMES the measurements will vary slightly because there is more than one lid in a batch- the one pictured is the biggest.
They are sized individually. Pictured.
Don't see a color you'd like to have? Message me. I'm happy to customize any item in my shop.
ALL of my glazes are lead-free and food safe.
Price is per spoon rest- quantity option available once selected
Please see my other sizes here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/buttonsbones?ref=seller-platform-mcnav§ion_id=8126724
• I am a small batch potter. All of my items are handmade one at a time. Each one will vary slightly.
• The bottom, and any part of the item that needs to touch the kiln shelf when firing, will be unglazed. Glaze can act as a strong adhesive. If glaze is touching anything when it melts, it will stick to that thing forever.
o If an item has more than one piece, they were most likely fired together, for this reason, the areas on the item that are touching will not be glazed (i.e., lid and rim).
• Slight glaze variations are normal. The glaze I use fires between 2200* and 2500*F, depending on the item. Glaze will melt and move when firing. You will see this movement in the piece after the fact. Additionally, I hand-dip everything. Drips and other unique marks made by the glaze will differ from piece to piece and may vary from the one photographed. This is totally normal.
• I love a handmade look. I do not strive for absolute perfection or a commercially made look. All of my photos are high resolution – please feel free to zoom in on each piece. Go crazy.
• Do not hesitate to message me with any questions about an item. I will respond quickly. Online shopping for handmade items can be tricky – I welcome and love all questions (I also love to hear from pottery lovers and potters).
All images & designs © Buttons Bones Ceramics 2007-2023. All rights reserved.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.