Handmade 17/18-ounce wheel-thrown mug (a bit bigger than a Starbucks Grande size) with two golden bikes over a mountain scene. These mugs are difficult to photograph without super fancy equipment. Check out video for better idea of beautiful the glaze and the gold bikes are. This glaze has layers of blue/green/bronze. Perfect for your outdoor friend who gets chilly. The shape of the mug keeps the beverage warmer longer, and makes it difficult to tip over.
Each mug comes with two gold bicycles, one on each side (road, mountain, tandem) and one unique bike, like a tricycle or unicycle, on the top of the handle. The bikes will vary from mug to mug. All are adorable. This mug is inspired by my hardcore bike friends who bike Independence Pass (google it!). If you have a very specific type of bike in mind, feel free to message me and I'd be happy to tell you what is in stock. There are two pictures to show examples of the bicycles you may receive.
The handle feels great on your hand - the shape of the mug is very comfortable to hold and is difficult to tip over. These mugs make a perfect celebratory gift of any kind. Great for the person who is constantly on the go or someone who enjoys cozying up by the fire.
The gold is real, meaning it is not microwave-safe. Additionally, these mugs are priced higher due to the additional gold used.
Each mug stands about 4" tall.
Price per mug. Everything is handmade; each one will vary slightly.
ALL of my glazes are lead-free and food safe; most are my own recipe. All of my items are dishwasher and microwave safe.
This design or glaze not for you? That's ok! More mugs here:
• I am a small batch potter. All of my items are handmade one at a time. Each one will vary slightly.
• The bottom, and any part of the item that needs to touch the kiln shelf when firing, will be unglazed. Glaze can act as a strong adhesive. If glaze is touching anything when it melts, it will stick to that thing forever.
o If an item has more than one piece, they were most likely fired together, for this reason, the areas on the item that are touching will not be glazed (i.e., lid and rim).
• Slight glaze variations are normal. The glaze I use fires between 2200* and 2500*F, depending on the item. Glaze will melt and move when firing. You will see this movement in the piece after the fact.
• I love a handmade look. I do not strive for absolute perfection or a commercially made look. All of my photos are high resolution – please feel free to zoom in on each piece. Go crazy.
• Do not hesitate to message me with any questions about an item. I will respond quickly. Online shopping for handmade items can be tricky – I welcome and love all questions (I also love to hear from pottery lovers and potters).
All images & designs © Buttons Bones Ceramics 2007-2021. All rights reserved.
Items will be shipped after payment is received.
Items usually ship within 1-2 business days of payment.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Refunds are given only in the event of items damaged during shipment.
Message me with custom orders - happy to discuss. Once something is agreed on, I will create an item for in the shop for purchasing.