Handmade wheel-thrown mug with a mushroom scene - approximately 14/15 ounces (Starbucks Grande-ish). This glaze is beautifully layered and changes in different lighting. The bottom half is a row of mushrooms. The combination of two glazes over the mountains creates a beautiful horizon. Perfect for your outdoor friend who gets chilly. The shape of the mug keeps the beverage warmer for longer. The clay is marbled, so each one will vary in clay colors and design. These have a handmade feel on purpose.
The pictures show a sample of a larger batch. I try to pick the ones that vary the most so you can see the possibilities. Each one varies as they are handmade. For example, some bases are a smidge wider than others, some have a wider mouth.
SECONDS - once again, the picture is a sample of more than one. You can see where the glaze did its own thing and separated (called crawling). Purely cosmetic. Still super cute. Each one varies.
The handle feels great on your hand - the shape of the mug is very comfortable to hold. These mugs make a perfect celebratory gift of any kind. Great for the person who is constantly on the go or someone who enjoys cozying up by the fire.
Price per mug. Everything is handmade; each one will vary slightly.
ALL of my glazes are lead-free and food safe; most are my own recipe. All of my items are dishwasher and microwave safe.
This design or glaze not for you? That's ok! More mugs here:
• I am a small batch potter. All of my items are handmade one at a time. Each one will vary slightly.
• The bottom, and any part of the item that needs to touch the kiln shelf when firing, will be unglazed. Glaze can act as a strong adhesive. If glaze is touching anything when it melts, it will stick to that thing forever.
o If an item has more than one piece, they were most likely fired together, for this reason, the areas on the item that are touching will not be glazed (i.e., lid and rim).
• Slight glaze variations are normal. The glaze I use fires between 2200* and 2500*F, depending on the item. Glaze will melt and move when firing. You will see this movement in the piece after the fact. Additionally, I hand-dip everything. Drips and other unique marks made by the glaze will differ from piece to piece and may vary from the one photographed. This is totally normal.
• I love a handmade look. I do not strive for absolute perfection or a commercially made look. All of my photos are high resolution – please feel free to zoom in on each piece. Go crazy.
• Do not hesitate to message me with any questions about an item. I will respond quickly. Online shopping for handmade items can be tricky – I welcome and love all questions (I also love to hear from pottery lovers and potters).
All images & designs © Buttons Bones Ceramics 2007-2021. All rights reserved.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.