Please read FAQs at the bottom of the description or on the store homepage.
For items with multiple color/finish options, the drop-down menu will automatically populate a photo of the color/finish you are selecting.
Sponge holders are ideal for the kitchen, they create a clean place to set that wet sponge after cleaning. Sponge holders are easy to either handwash or place in the dishwasher when necessary.
Albany: roughly 2" tall, 2.5 inches wide
Mountain: approximately 2.5 - 3" tall, 4" wide
Monstera: approximately 3.25 - 3.5" tall, 4" wide
SECONDS: They are not perfectly round - they are a little wonky (see pics)
*The items pictured are a smaller sample of a larger batch. Each one varies
Each sponge holder is handmade on the wheel by me and glazed with food-safe glazes. They will vary slightly in height and width.
ALL of my glazes are lead-free and food safe.
Price is per sponge holder- quantity option available once selected
Don't forget a utensil holder or soap/oil dispenser! Add here:
*Sponge not included
• I am a small batch potter. All of my items are handmade one at a time. Each one will vary slightly.
• The bottom, and any part of the item that needs to touch the kiln shelf when firing, will be unglazed. Glaze can act as a strong adhesive. If glaze is touching anything when it melts, it will stick to that thing forever.
o If an item has more than one piece, they were most likely fired together, for this reason, the areas on the item that are touching will not be glazed (i.e., lid and rim).
• Slight glaze variations are normal. The glaze I use fires between 2200* and 2500*F, depending on the item. Glaze will melt and move when firing. You will see this movement in the piece after the fact. Additionally, I hand-dip everything. Drips and other unique marks made by the glaze will differ from piece to piece and may vary from the one photographed. This is totally normal.
• I love a handmade look. I do not strive for absolute perfection or a commercially made look. All of my photos are high resolution – please feel free to zoom in on each piece. Go crazy.
• Do not hesitate to message me with any questions about an item. I will respond quickly. Online shopping for handmade items can be tricky – I welcome and love all questions (I also love to hear from pottery lovers and potters).
All images & designs © Buttons Bones Ceramics 2007-2023. All rights reserved.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.