Please read FAQs at the bottom of the description or on the store homepage.
A set of 2; Wheel -thrown 10-ounce tumbler SET great for wine or whiskey; Set of two tumblers approximately 4 inches tall. Each tumbler is handmade and will vary slightly. These tumblers fit comfortably in the hand and are great nightcap on a camping trip.
The glaze is a beautiful and simple white. Each tumbler has a stripe of a green print with an unglazed surface, which allows you to see the beauty in the clay.
The shape of the cup is comfortable and cozy; they make a perfect celebratory gift of any kind. Great for the person who enjoys cozying up by the fire and doesn't like a bulky mug. I also like using tumblers/handleless mugs as cocktail glasses. The ceramic walls help insulate the drink, maintaining the temperature of the drink longer. And it just feels good to hold a cocktail in a handmade ceramic cup. It feels refined.
ALL of my glazes are lead-free and food safe; most are my own recipe. All of my items are dishwasher and microwave safe.
• I am a small batch potter. All of my items are handmade one at a time. Each one will vary slightly.
• The bottom, and any part of the item that needs to touch the kiln shelf when firing, will be unglazed. Glaze can act as a strong adhesive. If glaze is touching anything when it melts, it will stick to that thing forever.
o If an item has more than one piece, they were most likely fired together, for this reason, the areas on the item that are touching will not be glazed (i.e., lid and rim).
• Slight glaze variations are normal. The glaze I use fires between 2200* and 2500*F, depending on the item. Glaze will melt and move when firing. You will see this movement in the piece after the fact. Additionally, I hand-dip everything. Drips and other unique marks made by the glaze will differ from piece to piece and may vary from the one photographed. This is totally normal.
• I love a handmade look. I do not strive for absolute perfection or a commercially made look. All of my photos are high resolution – please feel free to zoom in on each piece. Go crazy.
• Do not hesitate to message me with any questions about an item. I will respond quickly. Online shopping for handmade items can be tricky – I welcome and love all questions (I also love to hear from pottery lovers and potters).
All images & designs © Buttons Bones Ceramics 2007-2021. All rights reserved.
Items will be shipped after payment is received.
Items usually ship within 1-2 business days of payment.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Refunds are given only in the event of items damaged during shipment.
Message me with custom orders - happy to discuss. Once something is agreed on, I will create an item for in the shop for purchasing.