Please read FAQs at the bottom of the description or on the store homepage.
For items with multiple color/finish options, the drop-down menu will automatically populate a photo of the color/finish you are selecting.
These simple spoon rests are ideal for the kitchen and serving, they create a place to set that messy spoon used for cooking and serving meals. Spoon rests are easy to either handwash or place in the dishwasher when done, ready to be used for next time. I, personally, did not know I needed them until I owned my first one. Now I can't live without them.
Each spoon-rest is handmade on the wheel by me and then dipped into food-safe glazes. I hand-dip them in the glaze, giving them a handmade feel. The glaze does not often reach the bottom on the spoon-rest, and the underneath is unglazed. The way the glaze pools and the layered colors change from item to item. Some pictures show two of the same spoon-rest to show you the variations.
They are approximately 3.5 - 4 inches wide and low profile to avoid a cluttered feeling on your counter. Ideal places to keep one: by your stove, on your dining room table, and/or by any baking/cooking equipment (eg. mixer).
The coloring of the glaze will vary slightly. Glaze moves when fired, the pools of color will not be exact from item to item. For example, ancient jasper will vary in reds - one spoon-rest may have more red than another with the same glaze.
Don't see a color you'd like to have? Message me. I'm happy to customize any item in my shop.
ALL of my glazes are lead-free and food safe.
Price is per spoon rest- quantity option available once selected
Please see my other sizes here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/buttonsbones?ref=seller-platform-mcnav§ion_id=8126724
• I am a small batch potter. All of my items are handmade one at a time. Each one will vary slightly.
• The bottom, and any part of the item that needs to touch the kiln shelf when firing, will be unglazed. Glaze can act as a strong adhesive. If glaze is touching anything when it melts, it will stick to that thing forever.
o If an item has more than one piece, they were most likely fired together, for this reason, the areas on the item that are touching will not be glazed (i.e., lid and rim).
• Slight glaze variations are normal. The glaze I use fires between 2200* and 2500*F, depending on the item. Glaze will melt and move when firing. You will see this movement in the piece after the fact. Additionally, I hand-dip everything. Drips and other unique marks made by the glaze will differ from piece to piece and may vary from the one photographed. This is totally normal.
• I love a handmade look. I do not strive for absolute perfection or a commercially made look. All of my photos are high resolution – please feel free to zoom in on each piece. Go crazy.
• Do not hesitate to message me with any questions about an item. I will respond quickly. Online shopping for handmade items can be tricky – I welcome and love all questions (I also love to hear from pottery lovers and potters).
All images & designs © Buttons Bones Ceramics 2007-2022. All rights reserved.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.