Please read FAQs at the bottom of the description or on the store homepage
Simple custom lid. The bottom of a flat lid will not be glazed. If the lid has a lip that fits inside of the mug it will not be glazed. The rest of the lid will be glazed. Custom lid orders take 3-4 weeks from payment to shipping.
The base price covers:
1. One glaze color
2. Flat lid with inner lip (that fits inside the mug) OR Flat lid with a knob and no inner lip
3. Stoneware clay (the lighter brown clay with speckles)
4. Max 4"
1. Using porcelain instead of stoneware
2. Having a knob and an inner lip
3. Larger than 4"
4. Names or words.
If you need a lid with the additional cost items - message me first so we can work out the details and make sure it fits what you need.
Ceramics shrink through each stage of the process and the shrink rate is approximate- meaning your measurements will not be exact but i will get it close as I can. No lid will be airtight.
You can see examples here: https://buttonsbones.etsy.com/listing/984259489
ALL of my glazes are lead-free and food safe.
Price is per spoon rest- quantity option available once selected
Please see my other sizes here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/buttonsbones?ref=seller-platform-mcnav§ion_id=8126724
• I am a small batch potter. All of my items are handmade one at a time. Each one will vary slightly.
• The bottom, and any part of the item that needs to touch the kiln shelf when firing, will be unglazed. Glaze can act as a strong adhesive. If glaze is touching anything when it melts, it will stick to that thing forever.
o If an item has more than one piece, they were most likely fired together, for this reason, the areas on the item that are touching will not be glazed (i.e., lid and rim).
• Slight glaze variations are normal. The glaze I use fires between 2200* and 2500*F, depending on the item. Glaze will melt and move when firing. You will see this movement in the piece after the fact. Additionally, I hand-dip everything. Drips and other unique marks made by the glaze will differ from piece to piece and may vary from the one photographed. This is totally normal.
• I love a handmade look. I do not strive for absolute perfection or a commercially made look. All of my photos are high resolution – please feel free to zoom in on each piece. Go crazy.
• Do not hesitate to message me with any questions about an item. I will respond quickly. Online shopping for handmade items can be tricky – I welcome and love all questions (I also love to hear from pottery lovers and potters).
All images & designs © Buttons Bones Ceramics 2007-2024. All rights reserved.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.