Please read FAQs at the bottom of the description or on the store homepage.
Gorgeous comfortable wheel-thrown 14/15 ounce mug (between a Starbucks Tall and Grande). The inside and top glaze is a beautiful layered eggshell finish muted purple/red/green layered glaze (zoom in). The bottom half is a pattern of white skulls.
Everything is handmade; each one will vary slightly, including the patterns. The pics taken are a sample of a larger batch. Glaze also moves when firing - no one cup is exactly the same.
I like to make my mug low and with a flat bottom to prevent tipping over.
ALL of my glazes are lead-free and food safe; most are my own recipe. All of my items are dishwasher and microwave safe.
Price per mug.
More designs for outdoor and nature lovers here:
• I am a small batch potter. All of my items are handmade one at a time. Each one will vary slightly.
• The bottom, and any part of the item that needs to touch the kiln shelf when firing, will be unglazed. Glaze can act as a strong adhesive. If glaze is touching anything when it melts, it will stick to that thing forever.
o If an item has more than one piece, they were most likely fired together, for this reason, the areas on the item that are touching will not be glazed (i.e., lid and rim).
• Slight glaze variations are normal. The glaze I use fires between 2200* and 2500*F, depending on the item. Glaze will melt and move when firing. You will see this movement in the piece after the fact.
• I love a handmade look. I do not strive for absolute perfection or a commercially made look. All of my photos are high resolution – please feel free to zoom in on each piece. Go crazy.
• Do not hesitate to message me with any questions about an item. I will respond quickly. Online shopping for handmade items can be tricky – I welcome and love all questions (I also love to hear from pottery lovers and potters).
All images & designs © Buttons Bones Ceramics 2007-2023. All rights reserved.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.