Handmade, wheel-thrown, kitchen large-utensil holder, wine chiller, or vase. Porcelain purple/blue/brown with white crackle glaze with a skull print. Measurements are approximate as pictured - each one is handmade and will vary slightly. I had a little bit of kiln drama so THIS LISTING INCLUDES IMPERFECTIONS AND A SECONDS. Each selection from the drop-down is linked to a pic:
1. Seconds - there is a crack in the bottom that has been glazed. It is smooth. This means you cannot use this as anything other than a utensil holder or jar that does not contain liquids. The price includes priority mail or UPS shipping.
2. Clear imperfections - see pic and zoom in. There's just a little bit of brown on a small section of the skulls there is a very slight texture. Barely noticeable.
3. Purple imperfections - see pic and zoom in. There's just a slight texture in a section of the purple both visibly and to the touch. Barely noticeable.
All of my glazes are lead-free and food safe.
Don't forget a serving platter! Add it here:
Scroll to the bottom of my home page to learn more about the history of Buttons Bones.
• I am a small batch potter. All of my items are handmade one at a time. Each one will vary slightly.
• The bottom, and any part of the item that needs to touch the kiln shelf when firing, will be unglazed. Glaze can act as a strong adhesive. If glaze is touching anything when it melts, it will stick to that thing forever.
o If an item has more than one piece, they were most likely fired together, for this reason, the areas on the item that are touching will not be glazed (i.e., lid and rim).
• Slight glaze variations are normal. The glaze I use fires between 2200* and 2500*F, depending on the item. Glaze will melt and move when firing. You will see this movement in the piece after the fact.
• I love a handmade look. I do not strive for absolute perfection or a commercially made look. All of my photos are high resolution – please feel free to zoom in on each piece. Go crazy.
• Do not hesitate to message me with any questions about an item. I will respond quickly. Online shopping for handmade items can be tricky – I welcome and love all questions (I also love to hear from pottery lovers and potters).
All images & designs © Buttons Bones Ceramics 2007-2022. All rights reserved.
Items will be shipped after payment is received.
Items usually ship within 1-2 business days of payment.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Refunds are given only in the event of items damaged during shipment.
Message me with custom orders - happy to discuss. Once something is agreed on, I will create an item for in the shop for purchasing.