Coasters are ideal for any living area, they create a place to set a drink to protect the surface of your table. Coasters are easy to either handwash or place in the dishwasher when done, ready to be used for next time. I, personally, did not know I needed them until I owned my first one. Now I can't live without them. The bottom of each coaster has 4 small rubber/resin drops to prevent slipping/scratching.
This listing includes a discounted seconds set due to:
1. a couple little glaze imperfections and a dip on the bottom which doesn't affect the top (circled in picture).
2. slight wobble
Each coaster is handmade on the wheel by me and glazed with food-safe glazes. Each coaster is handmade and will vary slightly.
Price is for a set of 2.
Don't see a color you'd like to have? Message me. I'm happy to customize any item in my shop.
ALL of my glazes are lead-free and food safe.
• I am a small batch potter. All of my items are handmade one at a time. Each one will vary slightly.
• The bottom, and any part of the item that needs to touch the kiln shelf when firing, will be unglazed. Glaze can act as a strong adhesive. If glaze is touching anything when it melts, it will stick to that thing forever.
o If an item has more than one piece, they were most likely fired together, for this reason, the areas on the item that are touching will not be glazed (i.e., lid and rim).
• Slight glaze variations are normal. The glaze I use fires between 2200* and 2500*F, depending on the item. Glaze will melt and move when firing. You will see this movement in the piece after the fact.
• I love a handmade look. I do not strive for absolute perfection or a commercially made look. All of my photos are high resolution – please feel free to zoom in on each piece. Go crazy.
• Do not hesitate to message me with any questions about an item. I will respond quickly. Online shopping for handmade items can be tricky – I welcome and love all questions (I also love to hear from pottery lovers and potters).
All images & designs © Buttons Bones Ceramics 2007-2022. All rights reserved.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.