For items with multiple color/finish options, the drop-down menu will automatically populate a photo of the color/finish you are selecting.
Please read FAQs at the bottom of the description or on the store homepage.
Watch my tutorial on using the silicone travel lids: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CNGi0xfJjUs/?igshid=6kr0ry6dduaa
Gorgeous comfortable wheel-thrown 15+ ounce mug (Starbucks Grande size). Each mug comes with a row of chickens. Perfect for your urban farmer friend.
THIS LISTING INCLUDES A DISCOUNTED SECONDS due to a minor glaze flaw on the inside - see pic.
I do my best to make sure they fit in car cup holders - BUT there is not a standard car cupholder size. If you are concerned about it fitting in your car's cup holder, do not hesitate to message me for measurements as each one varies, as most things do that are made by a person. I'd be happy to see if I have one in stock that fits your specific cup holder. This mug fits in my Honda CRV and my husband's Mazda3's cup holders.
The silicone lids are easily replaced via amazon should you lose it. To use the lid, press down around the edges until you feel it seal. These mugs make a perfect celebratory gift of any kind - especially for someone who just landed their dream job or is always on the go.
The ceramic lids are not water-tight - they rest comfortably on top. The lid doubles as a spoon-rest.
ALL of my glazes are lead-free and food safe; most are my own recipe. All of my items are dishwasher safe. Microwave safe.
Price per mug. Everything is handmade; each one will vary slightly.
• I am a small batch potter. All of my items are handmade one at a time. Each one will vary slightly.
• The bottom, and any part of the item that needs to touch the kiln shelf when firing, will be unglazed. Glaze can act as a strong adhesive. If glaze is touching anything when it melts, it will stick to that thing forever.
o If an item has more than one piece, they were most likely fired together, for this reason, the areas on the item that are touching will not be glazed (i.e., lid and rim).
• Slight glaze variations are normal. The glaze I use fires between 2200* and 2500*F, depending on the item. Glaze will melt and move when firing. You will see this movement in the piece after the fact. Additionally, I hand-dip everything. Drips and other unique marks made by the glaze will differ from piece to piece and may vary from the one photographed. This is totally normal.
• I love a handmade look. I do not strive for absolute perfection or a commercially made look. All of my photos are high resolution – please feel free to zoom in on each piece. Go crazy.
• Do not hesitate to message me with any questions about an item. I will respond quickly. Online shopping for handmade items can be tricky – I welcome and love all questions (I also love to hear from pottery lovers and potters).
All images & designs © Buttons Bones Ceramics 2007-2022. All rights reserved.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.