Porcelain butter keeper that holds 2/3 cup of butter. Great for households with 2-5 people.
This butter keeper is gorgeous with a beautifully layered green glaze over a floral print on porcelain clay. Another name for this item is butter crock and is a common way to keep butter in France. You put butter in the bell part of the lid and fill the bottom with water. When your butter is inside is stays nice and soft without spoiling. This item sells out quickly - I typically only keep one or two on hand. The item is glazed on the outside, on the inside of the lid where the butter lives, and on the inside bottom of the base. The rest is unglazed due to the firing process.
*Please note - the items pictured are a sample of a larger batch. Each one varies.
All of my glazes are lead-free and food-safe.
Don't forget a serving platter! Add it here:
• I am a small batch potter. All of my items are handmade one at a time. Each one will vary slightly.
• The bottom, and any part of the item that needs to touch the kiln shelf when firing, will be unglazed. Glaze can act as a strong adhesive. If glaze is touching anything when it melts, it will stick to that thing forever.
o If an item has more than one piece, they were most likely fired together, for this reason, the areas on the item that are touching will not be glazed (i.e., lid and rim).
• Slight glaze variations are normal. The glaze I use fires between 2200* and 2500*F, depending on the item. Glaze will melt and move when firing. You will see this movement in the piece after the fact.
• I love a handmade look. I do not strive for absolute perfection or a commercially made look. All of my photos are high resolution – please feel free to zoom in on each piece. Go crazy.
• Do not hesitate to message me with any questions about an item. I will respond quickly. Online shopping for handmade items can be tricky – I welcome and love all questions (I also love to hear from pottery lovers and potters).
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.